Wednesday, January 17, 2007

In With The Old

I've been spending alot of time cruising for old 90s danse hits. Still missing a few of my choice favorites like Felix's Don't You Want Me. Jomanda does the vocals, I loved this tune growing up. But if I had to pick one song that is solely responsible for starting my obsession with electronic music it would have to be Snap's number #1 Hit.

Snap - Rhythm Is A Dancer



I dropped this on NYE, it's really heart warming to see people loving the old rave sounds again. Being 7 years into the 2000s the 90s nostalgic value is rising and it couldn't have come sooner for me.

L.A. Style - James Brown Is Dead



It's been exactly 10 years since this hit graced dance music and it still rocks the floor like no other. Armand Van Helden delivered the best mix of the track, no doubt.

Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand's Dark Garage Mix)



Back soon with something new, promise.

1 comment:

Greg Saint said...

The tune that got me into electronica was Halcyon and On and On. I was at a lame as house party and discovered it on the hackers sound track http://www.discogs.com/release/498401.
I listened to it like 4 times by myself. Ha.

Contributors